The Best Nursing Bras


For me, the nursing bra was the last thing I purchased for myself while I was pregnant. I was so focused on getting things ready for baby that it slipped my mind. 

One day my midwife asked me if I was going to try to breastfeed. "Well, of course", I said! But then I started thinking, OMG, I don't have any bras!!

One day at the Bay I moseyed over to the bra section. I'll be honest I wasn't impressed with the selection. They looked like grandma bras (no offence to grandma's everywhere). They were just not modern or multifunctional. So one day of facebook I came across a 3 pack deal for a good price. Well they never arrived...lost in the mail?...maybe. So I had to settle for the grandma bra.

Don't make the same mistake I did! Get your bras early, wear them while you are pregnant, get comfortable with them, find the one that fits you best.

So here are my top three choices to bras you should definitely try




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I personally own this bra, it's one of my favorites. I wear it as a sport bra too and is very comfortable at night. Even though I'm done breast feeding, I still haven't lost the weight so it is still one of my go to bras. 

Some of the complaints with this one is although it's similar the Bravado name brand, it is made with cheaper fabrics and snaps. But at a 3rd of the price, for something you will probably only wear for 6 months, it's totally worth it! Starting at only $27.85
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





This is the name brand version of the bra reviewed above, while it is slightly more expensive at only $44, it is definitely worth the money. Bravado prides themselves on ensuring each bra meets the oeko-tex standard. These standards ensure that their materials do not contain harmful chemicals. 

Some of the biggest complaints, however, is that it is cut to high so you are unable to wear with lower cut tops. Another is it does not offer the support needed for bustier women. Making this bra difficult to wear in public.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This one is my favorite! Really, the only complaint I could find with this one is that it fits a little small. Maybe not ideal for bustier women who need more support. But if you are a crunchy yoga mom this one is perfect for you as it can double as a sport bra. Plus it's made with Bamboo! How cool is that? I can't complain about the price either! Get yours for only $22.99


Comments